The University of Roehampton Postgraduate, Master’s and Doctoral On-Campus Open Evening will provide you with an introduction to the University of Roehampton and give you the chance to put your questions directly to academics, support teams and current students.
The Postgraduate, Master’s and Doctoral On-Campus Open Evening takes place on 9th November 2022 from 17:00 – 19:30.
University of Roehampton Postgraduate, Master’s and Doctoral On-Campus Open Evening
University of Roehampton Research and knowledge exchange centres
The University’s nine research and knowledge exchange centres build an exciting research culture for staff and students, make work more accessible to key partners as well as the local, national and global societies which it can benefit. They also provide a strong platform for the University to collaborate with external partners on research and knowledge exchange projects, as well as strengthen its ability to offer dedicated support to organisations and businesses to meet their needs.
The Graduate School
The Graduate School is the centre of the research student community at Roehampton. All research students belong to the Graduate School in addition to their Academic Department.
The Graduate School supports students studying for research degrees in the following ways:
- Administers applications for research degrees.
- Oversees the Research Student Development Programme.
- Supports production of a Personal Development Plan to help students track their research career at Roehampton.
- Promotes research events, seminars and funding opportunities.
- Supports students with the Research Degree Board-related administrative requirements of their programme.
- The School also provides a forum for research students from different disciplines and backgrounds to share ideas, information and to meet and socialise, including the Annual Research Student Conference.
- Welcomes applications from Visiting Research Students
In addition, the Graduate School provides an opportunity for the views of research students to be heard. Its overseeing body, the Graduate School Committee, which includes student representatives, works with academic departments and central university services to promote the interests of research students and ensure they have the best possible experience.
Roehampton is the most research-intensive modern university in the country. The impact of its research is profound. With international reach, the University research informs policy, enriches culture and improves lives. Roehampton draws PhD students from around the world to join its vibrant programme of doctoral studies. Postgraduate researchers play an important part of the research culture at Roehampton and are supported by internationally respected supervisors and the Research Student Doctoral Training programme.